Saturday, November 19, 2011

Peppermint Tea

Recently every time I go to the farmer’s market I cannot resist the beautiful fresh herbs available. I always end up coming home with a delicious smelling bunch of peppermint leaves. As a result I’ve become obsessed with peppermint tea. For centuries peppermint has been revered for it’s curative properties. It helps to alleviate stress, depression, headaches, and insomnia. It also benefits the digestive system and liver and is known to relieve indigestion.
To make peppermint tea you simply pour boiling water over fresh mint leaves. You can adjust the strength of the tea to your taste by changing the ratio of water to leaves. Cover the tea and allow it to steep for about 10 minutes. I also like to add a little bit of raw honey. People who suffer from insomnia or anxiety will find this drink to be very helpful before bed due to it’s calming properties.




No comments:

Post a Comment