Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Secret Garden


The weather in New York has been so beautiful recently. Crisp and sunny = perfect fall weather. Don’t even get me started on the amazing colors of the fall foliage. I’ve been trying to spend as much time as possible outside, because in New York you never know what the weather will be like tomorrow.
The other day I discovered an adorable little pocket of nature in the heart of the East Village. One of my favorite things about living in New York is turning down a familiar block and stumbling upon a place you never knew existed. The city never fails to amaze me. This little garden is a pocket of tranquility in this crazy city. It’s a community sponsored garden project on 9th Street and Avenue C. It’s amazing how you don’t feel like you’re in a city the second you enter the garden. I brought a book and a cup of tea and took advantage of the gorgeous weather. In our fast-paced society it’s so important to take the time to enjoy the quiet moments and commune with nature. And yes, it’s possible to do so even in the middle of Manhattan.

1 comment: