Thursday, January 5, 2012

Goodbye NY & Buckwheat Pancakes

I couldn’t possibly be more excited; today I’m heading home! There is simply nothing better than traveling to Hawaii in the middle of winter. First I’m stopping in my second favorite city (Seattle) for a few days to visit friends, then traveling on to Maui. Can’t wait to see the family and friends I haven’t seen in awhile and have been missing so much!

This morning before I left for the airport my awesome roommate whipped up some buckwheat pancakes, the recipe can be found on her blog here. Although pancakes were my favorite breakfast as a kid, I hadn’t eaten them in years because the two primary ingredients in traditional pancake recipes are white flour and refined sugar. On the other hand these buckwheat pancakes are comprised entirely of whole pure ingredients, and to top it off the recipe is vegan, gluten free, and absolutely delicious!!! We drizzled the pancakes with raw honey, berries, and coconut flakes. I felt like a little kid because I wanted to lick my plate clean. Soooo good! They are the perfect hearty breakfast for a cold winter morning. Just in case you aren't on a plane heading somewhere tropical, I hope this recipe will brighten your day:)


3 comments:

  1. can't wait to make these again when you get back! eat a coconut for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am loving the look of those buckwheat pancakes. Stacked up so wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Shaheen! Great blog, love the post on banana chocolate bread. I was just thinking about how delicious it would be to add banana and chocolate to this recipe!

    ReplyDelete