Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hummus Recipe/Ode to Cauliflower Part Two


I cannot stop eating cauliflower recently! It’s just so fresh and delicious this time of year. One of my favorite combinations right now is cauliflower and hummus. This recipe was inspired by my picnic lunch last week, the one that started this whole addiction. 
I had been meaning to try out a new hummus recipe to pair with my current favorite vegetable, when I found this one on Green Lemonade. I love the flavor and the health benefits of adding turmeric to the hummus. Turmeric aids the liver in detoxification, speeds up the metabolism, purifies the blood, and improves skin tone. Also the flavor just so happens to complement cauliflower perfectly! Need I say more?
Serve with raw cauliflower and carrots. The leftovers are great as salad dressing. Today I made a salad  of spinach, carrot, and cauliflower topped with hummus, lemon juice, sea salt, and pepper. Perfect lunch to bring to work!

Ingredients:

1 can of chickpeas (drained and rinsed)

1 tbsp of tahini

1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil (optional, I usually omit)

the juice of 1 large lemon

1/4 tbsn turmeric

dash of cayenne pepper

dash of sea salt and pepper

Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. It’s that simple. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment